Friday, May 9, 2014

Love you.. no more



The day you yearned to be boundless and free,
Severing every bond from me.
Abandoned with a heart so sore,
For I knew
Like I love you, I can love no more.


Comforting parents; Warm friends.                  
Nursing a heart that refuses to mend.
Hazy mornings; Sleepless nights.
For I knew
Like I love you, I can love no more

Wedding bells will bring respite.
With time the pain will subside.
A doting wife, a perfect wife I feigned.
For I knew
Like I love you, I can love no more.

Then I held his little body in my arms.
Kissed his head; Gave him warmth
A heart filled with love so pure,
Then I knew
I will love him more than you, each day, more and more.
                                                                         




1 comment:

  1. It is beautiful.. as I told you so difficult to express these emotions but you have done a great job!

    ReplyDelete